Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Riding a horse with MusicLady

A few weeks ago, I was able to make it back to B-Boy's daycare for Music Time with MusicLady.

She comes every Tuesday at 10:30, and it is so much fun I can't believe it. I had been out of town for what felt like FOREVER, and a present to B-Boy and I was for me to go and have some fun with him in his classroom. Music Time is the BEST time to go for several reasons.

  1. Waiting for MusicLady to arrive is such fun. The kids all fawn over the parent in the room, and work to get your attention by bringing lots of stuff to you. Each child had a book they wanted B-Boy's mommy to read to them!
  2. The kids all are a captive audience to MusicLady's magical music. You never know WHAT instrument that talented woman is going to bring out.
  3. It is fun to sing and bop to the music without looking like a crazy person. Everyone in the room thinks you are cool. And hey, if the teachers think you are lame... they aren't going to tell you because your kid is one less kid they have to worry about! :)
  4. You can watch your child interact with someone without having to get your attention every second of the half hour you are there. A big plus!
  5. MusicLady is incredibly sweet, and includes you in the fun while you are there.

I could list more, but you probably want me to move along and get to the point, right?

B-Boy had a blast with MusicLady. He actually LISTENED to her. One of the songs she sings is called "_____ is in the ring!". She has a big wooden hoop that she lays on the floor. One at a time, she sings their name followed by "is in the ring."  And, the child whose name is called will get up, step inside the circle, and a song is sung about them.

For example, she might say "B-Boy, would you like to get in the ring?" and B-Boy will jump up and step inside the wooden hoop. Yep, he does! Then MusicLady will sing in her pretty voice while playing an instrument to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell"... "B-Boy is in the ring, B-Boy is in the ring, Hi-Ho the Merry-O, B-Boy is in the ring. And now, B-Boy is out of the ring!"

And just like that... B-Boy will step out and go sit down.



B-Boy had a ball, and enjoyed sitting in my lap most of the time we were there. At one point, he ran across the room to get on the rocking horse. He rocked for a while and I had to pick my jaw up from the floor because I didn't know he could do that!



Normally when MusicLady is finished, all the kids go outside to the toddler playground. On this day, however, B-Boy freaked out that his Mommy might leave and cried A LOT. Not that I could blame him. So, I took him out to the playground and held him until he could calm down. Once he did, he wanted to be put DOWN. As soon as his feet hit the ground, he took off running.

I was not sure why until I saw him sit down. You see, MusicLady had gone to the classroom next door, and they had decided to have Music Time outside on the playground. B-Boy just had to join in. It was quite the sight, all the kids from the class next door, B-Boy, and...

all the 2 year olds who were on the adjoining playground that were leaning up against the fence behind all the 1 year olds. There had to be at least 20 of them standing there watching, listening, singing and waiting in anticipation for her to visit them.

MusicLady, did you KNOW I was going to be out here? 
I think you came to find ME!



It was adorable. Everyone adores MusicLady and her cool pink guitar. She brings fun, learning, creativity and music into the hearts and minds of our little ones. We are all so lucky to have her.

Thank you MusicLady, we sure do love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment