Sunday, July 3, 2011

Why I haven't been able to write

June was a CRAZY month!

By that I mean, several things have changed, and those changes have caused us to not have ANY time to write. And by us, of course, I mean me. I hope you can forgive me when you hear why.
  1. I accepted a new job at my company. I am sad to be leaving the best, most fun job, but this new opportunity came at a time when I needed a change. My new job started officially on July 1st, but I moved to the new building two weeks early. In less than a month, I interviewed, got the offer, accepted and moved all my stuff.
  2. We took a family vacation to the beach, and had no internet access in our unit. It was hard to get motivated to write when there was so much fun stuff to do, and no way to share it with you!
  3. We bought a new house!!!! 
Ok, the last one is the primary reason why I haven't been able to write. Neb and I have been packing, trying to plan and recover from the process.We are super sad to leave our old house- we have been there for almost 14 years! Living on the golf course with lots of room outside for B-Boy to run around has been wonderful, but the commute is just too much for baby boy. On a good day, he is in the car (one way) for 40 minutes if we don't drop off Neb. And if it is a Friday during beach season, the drive home can take an hour and a half easy.

The new house is 7 minutes from work if I hit all the red lights. Seven minutes!

And it is enormous. B-Boy will have lots of room to run around, Neb gets his Man Cave in the basement below the garage, and I get a sewing room all to myself! (My sewing room was B-Boy's room before he came along, and we moved it all to a corner of the bonus room.) Six bedrooms, five and a half baths, and a great layout- we are SUPER excited.

We plan on moving next weekend, but are leaving a bunch of stuff here to stage the house to help it sell. The good news is that means we don't have to move as much stuff at once, but it also means we have to exert a lot more brain power trying to think about what goes versus what stays.

The house has never been lived in, and we will be the first family to occupy it. In case you wonder what it looks like. here you go!



I am not sure how long it will take us to get life back to normal, but until then, my writing may be a bit sporadic. I am sorry! I have a few posts to share with you for our adventures in June, and will post date them to keep the timeline.

We plan on putting our house on the market at the end of the month, and are hoping it sells soon. Although, I must admit, I will have to try not to cry as we leave- the house holds so many great memories, and it IS where we brought B-Boy home from the hospital. I have seen the most beautiful sunsets ever from our screened porch- and hope the next owner enjoys them as much as I did.

Our current house, last winter.

So please bear with me, and send us happy "your house will sell quickly" thoughts, we would appreciate them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if your new house is big enough. I mean, is six bedrooms really enough??? LOL :) Wow, it is BEAUTIFUL! I know you are sad leaving your current house, but you will make so many new memories in your new house! Congratulations on the new house and new job!

    ReplyDelete