Two weeks ago, B-Boy pulled up in his bed at daycare. The cribs are really easy to pull up in, and he finally figured out that he could do it. After that, he didn't do it again. Then, last week, B-Boy started pulling up on bookshelves, bins of toys, and chairs. He started doing it at home, but only to get on his knees.
Then yesterday, B-Boy pulled up in his crib. Neb was helping him get dressed, and the next thing we knew, he was standing up with a big ol' smile behind his pacifier. It took us both a few minutes to realize what he had done... the shock hit, and we both realized it was time to lower his crib.
We had been talking about it for several months, around his 7 month mark. But to be honest, we just weren't ready to do it. Since he wasn't pulling up, we decided to wait. Waiting time has clearly ended. So this morning, Neb turned the crib on it's side and lowered it.
I must admit, the crib looked really odd. I am not used to seeing it like that. The mattress is so much lower, and it looks so different! B-Boy took a nap in it right afterward... I think the change affected him too, because he woke in a fit of hysterics.
I hope he gets used to it... he is taking another nap now after 45 minutes at the pool. So far, so good. But I noticed that he is quite long in his crib. He takes up so much space in the crib, I wonder how long it will be before we have to buy him his first bed. He's growing so big!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment