This past weekend was the Durham Blues Festival. We have gone every year for the past several, and have volunteered many times in the past. I was looking forward to it mostly because I couldn't go last year, as B-Boy was expected soon after the event and I was often EXHAUSTED! That didn't stop Neb from going, but I am getting off track.
This year we knew we would need a babysitter. We had hoped ChiggerButt would be in town, but it was Parent's Weekend and the MacFamily was all down at ECU for the night. We made several calls, and my Mom agreed to come stay the night to watch B-Boy.
She was excited to be able to come see him in his habitat, and we were happy to have her. Neb picked her up and then headed to Durham to meet some friends before going to the festival. The plan was that I would stay home and get B-Boy to bed at 8pm... and then head out once he was firmly asleep. We were not sure how he would do falling asleep for my mom, and Buddy Guy wasn't scheduled to go on until after 10:30pm, so we decided to let me put him down.
He did great, and enjoyed playing with his Mema... showing her all his nifty toys.
The concert was great (Buddy Guy always rocks), I actually made it to see Bettye Lavette, who went on right before Buddy Guy. She performed with Jon Bon Jovi at the inauguration of President Obama, but she was sooo much better live!
We had a great time, and on Sunday, we all went out to brunch. B-Boy was so good, and we ordered for him from the menu. This was the first time he ate at a restaurant food that was not prepared by me... and he did so well! I ordered a pancake for him since he loves them so much. When it came, I must say Neb and I were both shocked at how big it was! It had to be at least 12 inches across!
B-Boy ate about three fourths of the pancake, but once we pulled him out of the high chair, we noticed there was a large crumby mess in his lap! He probably ate about two-thirds of the pancake in all, and we all left suprised at how much he ate.
That was pretty much the weekend. Music, family and food. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment