Saturday, November 20, 2010

B-Boy breaks new records at daycare

If you recall, I mentioned previously that B-Boy's teacher has worked in the daycare at my work for over 20 years. We all thought she had already seen it all.

She told me last week that B-Boy has broken some records in the room. Some I had thought, but others were a surprise.

First, a few weeks ago, B-Boy started pulling tissues out of the tissue box at school. You must understand why this is impressive... the box is attached to the wall, about the height of chair rail. His teacher said this is the first time a child has messed with the tissues. They had to turn the box sideways to deter him from messing with it.

Six months ago, I asked his teachers if they have ever had a child outgrow the cribs. "Oh no!" they said, "The cribs are large, and they have plenty of room. Most of them end up sleeping with their legs tucked under."  Well, last week his teacher informed me that B-Boy is close to outgrowing the crib. She said you can BARELY fit your hand between his foot and the crib. And that is with his head touching the other side of the crib. CRAZY.

This week I went and bought B-Boy a good pair of shoes. Up to this point, I had been getting them at Target.knowing that since he wasn't walking, they were just there to get him used to wearing them. But now that he is walking, proper shoes are needed. We went to the Stride Rite store and they measured B-Boy's feet. And his shoe size broke another record for the teacher... he is now a SIX and a HALF!!!! We left with a cute pair, with sturdy, flexible soles. Now B-Boy can go out an play on the playground with the other kids in the next classroom.

I am sure there are other records, but that is all I can think of for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment