Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Playing Cinderella

After we got home from swimming, I gave B-Boy a bath and dressed him in his PJs while Neb got dinner ready.

When the bath was over, there was still a bit more time for B-Boy and I to play while Neb finished cooking. I was still in my swim suit, and in true Momma fashion, was cold. So I wrapped up in a blanket and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs to play with him.

B-Boy sat on the kitchen floor and played with several stacking cups (also known as Gladware!). He was having fun stacking them inside one another, and then putting them up to cover his mouth while he said "AHHHHH" into them.

B-Boy spotted Neb's flip-flop laying on the floor where Neb had deposited it. He snatched it up, crawled over to me, moved the blanket that was covering my feet aside and tried to put the flip-flop on my foot.

I knew he knew what shoes were. He has even tried to put on his own shoes at home. But I didn't know that he knew that people other than B-Boy put on shoes. It's a pretty good leap to see a shoe and want to put it on another person.

He successfully put the shoe on my foot several times. Each time, I would hide my foot under the blanket, and he always knew where it was.

We had fun playing Cinderella until dinner. I am lucky to have such a cute little Prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment