Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Reading is FUNdamental

GatorGrandpa asked me, in response to a previous post, what kind of books B-Boy enjoyed. I thought it was a good question, and would be of interest to some of you. I hope I do not disappoint.

I was what you would call a bookworm as a child. I would have much preferred to sit down and read a book than do just about anything. I hope B-Boy also has that adoration of reading, but perhaps at a more balanced level.

B-Boy still enjoys simple touch and feel books a lot. But he also really likes his book about Trucks. The book is also at his daycare, so he sees it quite a lot. Not only that, but he loves to make the VROOM truck noise when he looks at it.

One of my co-workers, WorkBFF, gave me a big box of books for B-Boy that her kids had finished using. In it was one of my childhood favorites, "Goodnight Moon". It has quickly become one of B-Boy's favorites too. In the evening, he will pick up the book, run over to me, and say "GA!" That's his way of saying "Please read me this book!" He loves it.

In the great green room
there was a telephone
and a red balloon.
and a picture of the cow jumping over the moon
There were three little bears sitting on chairs... 

Well you get the point. He asks for us to read that to him almost every night. He adores it as much as I did as a child. 

He also loves a bunch of books that my mom gave him before he even came to be in existence. They were in the Grandbaby Box.Well, one of them, I think there were seven!

B-Boy especially likes books that are alliterative. He loves the Dr. Seuss "Hop on Pop", and the book my mother got him called "The Goose is Loose". He is big on alliteration right now. He also adores a book GranE's sister AuntieM gave him - it's a peekaboo book that has flaps that you can open in different directions and see pictures of babies doing baby things... like holding a bear, eating a cookie, putting on shoes... Each time he opens the flap we say "PEEK A BOO! I see you!". He has gotten really good at opening the flaps.

So those are the types of books B-Boy likes. He's a lot like his Momma, he loves books!

No comments:

Post a Comment