Today is my birthday... and it has me taking a break from writing about B-Boy for a moment to share a few non B-Boy thoughts. I hope you will excuse the break!
When you are a kid, you proudly tell people how old you are. Not only that but you even try to get as much extra as possible. "I am five and a half.... seven and three quarters... I am almost twelve!"
Not many people beyond the age of 25 look forward to turning another year older. I used to be in that group.
Once I turned 30, I used to tell people I was 29, no matter what. I figured, "What business is it of theirs?"
But then I realized something shocking. Eventually someone would look at me and think "She looks AWFUL for 29!". I changed my outlook on birthdays at that moment.
I now tell people I am 82. I look FANTASTIC for 82. And when I get nearer to 82 (heaven help me get to that!), I am sure I will change it to something like 105.
That's how I roll. So now birthdays are fun, something to look forward to... which makes me feel more like a kid than ever. This is a good thing, because it seems every year I have more aches and pains!
I need to run... after all, I AM turning 82 again, there is lots to celebrate! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment