He is talking oodles now, and often parrots words we say back to us. He likes practicing his words, and gets excited when we get what he is saying. It appears that understanding equates with a happier B-Boy, at least until he is told no.
I thought I would capture some words he is speaking here, but I am sure I have missed many!
New words:
- broccoli
- corn
- money
- elbow
- breakfast
- card
- eat
- sit
- syrup
- please
- thank you
- banana
- mango (both for the fruit and the name of the cat!)
- peas
- cheese
- fruit (although it sounds like Suit)
- peaches (which he says more like BEE-BEE)
- baby
- shirt
- cup
- pants
- socks
- coat
- shoes
- hat (which he loves wearing to daycare)
- doggie
- light
- blue
- purple
- green
- up (which he also uses to mean down, he has not mastered that concept yet!)
- many of his body parts like hair, feet, hands, nose, eyes, etc.
He also says his teachers' names and several of the kids in his class, which is just adorable.
We found out he knew broccoli and corn when he was playing with Potsie (the singing pot with plastic foods that I got him for Christmas last year). He held up the plastic broccoli and said "Broccoli" clear as day. Neb and I looked at each other in disbelief because we didn't know he knew that word. He then did the same thing with the corn.
I am sure in the near future, this will all become ridiculous to write about, but since it is so new and shiny, I could not resist jotting it down. It is pretty amazing to see him master this!
No comments:
Post a Comment