My friend Cat provided a great suggestion and an invitation to join her family! They were all getting up early to head to a farm... it has lots of great stuff for families to do, including a corn maze!!!
We met them around 10, and I was so excited to see that they had a lot of tractors and machinery out for the kids to climb on. However, B-Boy did not share my enthusiasm with that! Oh well. We then proceeded to the cow milking station, which was really adorable.
Cat's daughter eBaby immediately sat down to milk the cow. And by that I mean, pull on rubber udders on the bottom of a bucket filled with white liquid, hidden behind a wood cutout of a cow. B-Boy wasn't as impressed, and so we moved on to the next activity.
There were several bouncy houses for kids of different ages. The first one was shorter without a top, and was for kids age four and under. Cat's son Jambuca had a blast playing inside it, especially on the inflatable horse. B-Boy didn't want to go in (he was still getting used to the newness of the place), and so I rested him on top of one of the walls so he could watch the other kids.
B-Boy started to come out of his shell at that point, mostly because he saw the giant pile of sand, with tons of Tonka trucks and shovels. He and Jambuca played on the giant pile of sand for a good long time. It was fun watching them play... Cat and I are hoping they will start to play together soon, as they both prefer to play by themselves. B-Boy will be moving up to the class that Jambuca is in, so they will have lots of time to play together.
Once they tired of the sand, I took B-Boy over to the swing. He hadn't quite gotten happy about being at the farm, and I know how much he adores the swing. Not only that, but he is usually calmed when we swing together. The only problem was that I couldn't get him off of it!
We sat on the swing and watched the other families- kids climbing the haystacks, sand pile, jumping in the bouncy houses, and even riding the horses!
When Cat headed to the goat pens, I decided it was time for B-Boy to participate rather than watch. He didn't want to go at first, but once he saw the goats, he perked up.
The farmers are quite smart- they put food machines out so you could pay a quarter to get a handful of goat food. A fun activity for the guests, and a way to get their goats fed for free!
Goats say NA-NA-NA!
B-Boy laughed when the goat stuck his head out to eat from my hand. He and eBaby watched the goats quite a bit, in fact, eBaby had them all named by the time we left!
That one is Bella and that one is...
I feed my kitties...
but their food is round, not shaped like this.
The farm had a nice hand washing station next to the goat pen, and after we washed our hands, we headed to the hayride! The kids seemed to really enjoy the hayride (thank goodness no one was allergic!). We got to see the cows eating pumpkins, tour around a small pond, and catch a glimpse of the corn maze from the back side.
CHEESE!
Wheeeee!
After the hayride, we walked down to the corn maze. Not to go in, but B-Boy had grabbed my hand to "Walk Mommy!". He led me down almost to the entrance but then quickly turned right to where they had corn hole boards set up. Kids were already there throwing beanbags, and B-Boy thought that looked like great fun.
He tossed a few, and then tried to surf one of the boards...
I'll get it!
Play corn hole Mommy!
And then it was time to go... but not before we played in the pumpkin patch!
We should get this one!
All in all, it was great fun. I was so happy Cat invited us!








No comments:
Post a Comment