This week, B-Boy got two very much needed things- a haircut and new shoes!
His old shoes were a size seven, and I had him measured to find he is a size 7 and a half. He had neen wearing his sandals for most of the summer, and some cute blue rubber shoes that ran a bit larger in size. His toes were creeping out of his sandals, so it became quite important to get some new shoes.
The problem is, he is right between the "Baby" and "Kid" category in shoe size. He needs to wear a size 8, and unfortunately, Stride Rite does not carry much in that size. The good news is that his tennis shoes still come in that size, but his brown shoes do not.
B-Boy was quite happy to be in his tennis shoes again, but he doesn't like the brown shoes I bought. I think those will probably get returned, but I'll give it some time.
And to help all of you understand just how big his shoe is... I took this photo with his old pair, new pair, and a dollar bill. I didn't notice until I lined them up... next to each other they don't look quite as different in size as they do when they are seperated. On his feet, the new shoes look HUGE, and the old ones on the floor look so small. Sigh.
The other thing B-Boy got this week was a haircut. His hair was REALLY long, and since it kept getting caught in his bib, I knew it was time to get it cut.
I was not looking forward to this, because of two reasons.
1. The place we took B-Boy to previously was by our old house. I would be taking him to a new spot, which is always tricky.
2. This was the first haircut he would get without a pacifier.
Say what you want, but number 2 was what was really holding me back- having something to block the screaming was such a nice crutch!!!
It took about 3 tries to get the hair actually cut, mostly because I didn't want to wait in line for 45 minutes the first two times... but the third time was the charm! It went pretty well, mostly because he watched Elmo on my iPhone the whole time- but he cried quite a bit.
I was pleased with the result, and shocked at how much the cut aged him. Gone was my baby boy, and what remained was a growing boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment