A coworker mentioned to me on Friday that not only will this be my first Mother's Day, but that this will be the ONLY first Mother's Day I will ever have. Which got me thinking, I better make the most of it.
I woke this morning thinking how lucky I am. Not only do I have the cutest and silliest boy in the world who makes my heart smile every time he grins at me... but I am also blessed to have the greatest guy in the world for his Dad. We are a small unit, but a good one.
Neb started the day making B-Boy's bottle (as he does every day), so I could get a few more minutes of rest. When he came back upstairs, he brought 2 cards from Hallmark (he cared enough to carry the very best) and a gift bag. B-Boy's card for me was just so sweet, with a Winnie the Pooh theme. I am happy to report I did not cry. Well, not until the second card... which was from Neb. It was incredibly sweet, and it did make me tear up enough that I had to wipe them away. Neb says he gets bonus points for that.
Then I opened my gift. Wow. Neb got me the most incredibly sparkley diamond earrings... just georgous. Since our wedding anniversary is a little over a week away, he splurged.
So sparkley. I love sparkley! We then headed downstairs for Neb to make us his WAFFLES! I love Neb's waffles... and not just because I don't have to make them. He got the waffle iron as a wedding present and has been making Belgian Waffles ever since. Yummy! All in all it was a great day. B-Boy took a nice long nap this afternoon, which gave me time to rest and stare at my pretty earrings. What a neat Mother's Day gift. Everytime I look at them, I will remember that they were from my very first Mother's Day.
But that wasn't my first Mother's Day gift. The first one came from B-Boy. It was handmade, the first thing he has ever made me. Ok, perhaps he didn't make it ALL by himself... but it was handmade. Literaly.
His teachers at daycare made a picture by putting paint on his hands and pressing them on construction paper, and turning them into flowers. I scanned it at my Mom's yesterday so that I could share it with you. And yes, his teachers did make me cry. Too bad I can't blame it on pregnancy hormones, can I? ;)
I think we have a budding artist... a picasso in the making. What do you think?
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment