GranE arrived the night before we left, and B-Boy was really excited to see her the next morning! GranE was surprised to see that he remembered her right away!
We decided to take two cars down, since we had a lot to take- Neb and I were planning on taking advantage of the babysitting services of GranE so that we could go play golf. The clubs took up a lot of space, so we decided to go ahead and take both cars. B-Boy never did sleep- we have the only kid that doesn't sleep in the car!
Once we arrived, B-Boy thought it was fun to RUN AROUND the house we rented. He loved the screened porch, and we all liked sitting out on the deck to enjoy the view of the golf course. The community we were in was part of a larger resort with beach access just down the road, a golf course, and a community pool walking distance from the house we rented.
I have to say, B-Boy's favorite part of the trip was the pool. It was the PERFECT temperature, and it was not very crowded. There were just enough folks around for him to get in some fun people watching, but not too many as to overwhelm him. He liked the fact that the pool had really wide steps- and spent a lot of time crawling back and forth on them.
The beach, well, that was not his favorite. He more like tolerated it. We went every morning after we finished breakfast... which means that we hit the beach around 10:30am. B-Boy seemed excited the first day we got there, staring at the ocean from the steps in awe and curiosity.
Let's Go! Let's Go!
Let's Go to the Beach!
See B-Boy, the ocean!
Yay!
B-Boy enjoyed playing in the sand with all the sand toys we brought, but enjoyed snack time the most.
This is much bigger than our sandbox at daycare!
The beach makes me hungry.
Mmmm, Cereal!
At first, B-Boy did not like the ocean. Neb and I carried him into the water to our hips so that his feet would be submerged, but he would know he was safe. As the waves would pass around us, we would rise and fall with the water making happy sounds to let B-Boy know it was fun.
It took the entire week, but eventually, B-Boy thought is was *somewhat* fun. But he did eventuallly walk into the water himself, allowing the waves to spread around his feet. As it did, he would say "YAY!" and then "Ga Done!"
Family time is fun Daddy!
B-Boy also enjoyed making sand castles with Neb, but I am not sure what he enjoyed more... destroying the structures that Neb built, or going with Neb to fetch water to make the castles. Although you know he just had to be the big boy and carry his own water!
Daddy, I can do it!!!
Ok, I know, I have peppered this post with lots of pictures, so I will share a funny story with you before finishing with what I think is my absolute favorite picture of the entire trip.
One day, we were at the beach, and had decided that B-Boy had probably had enough fun. While we started to put all the toys, chairs, and tents away... B-Boy decided he WAS DONE. He started to walk back toward the wood steps to head to the car. (Keep in mind we were pretty close, but with bare feet on hot sand, we weren't close enough for B-Boy to get all the way there without help.)
B-Boy took a few steps, cocked his head to the side, and with his back to us said "Ga Done!". He then took a few more steps, raised his arm up and waved as he said "Bye-Bye!". He did this several times in a row... all the while Neb and I are doubled over in laughter. "Yes, B-Boy, we get it, you are ready to go."
Before the week was over, I was able to snap a photo that is probably my favorite of the entire trip.
I love you GranE.
I love you too B-Boy!









No comments:
Post a Comment