Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 1st Father's Day Neb!

Today is Father's Day, and it was Neb's first. It began with a homecooked pancake breakfast for Neb and his cards. After we all ate (B-Boy had a bottle and then a big bowl of apricots), B-Boy and Neb played in the living room.

Neb is excited as he got tickets to see his FAVORITE musician Jackie Greene in Raleigh on July 16th. The guy is immensely talented, and is just amazing to hear. (If you don't know who he is, go check him out at his website.) He is from northern California, where Neb grew up, and doesn't hit the east coast very often. Neb also got a few sessions with a personal trainer, as we want to keep him around for a very long time.

After B-Boy's morning nap, we all went back to the pool. B-Boy did really well again... he started floating in his raft with his feet stretched out in front of him. A little later, he discovered that not only can he stand in the pool with help from us, but that in his raft, he can stand and walk around pushing his raft where he wanted to go.



Nice shirt Dad.


For a kid who is as big as B-Boy, who can't easily maneuver around normally, the freedom of the water must be wonderful. He really enjoyed himself, but I must admit that the water was very warm, warmer than yesterday... so he started to get a bit fussy.

I took him to the big pool where I thought the cool water might make him feel better. Initially, I stood on the step and eased him into the water... but he perked up and I could not resist taking him further into the pool. I submerged him to just below his shoulders, and we spun around several times in the pool. Neb joined us, and we played handing him back and forth.... gliding him through the water each time. He adored it.


He's laughing here, not crying, I promise!


Then Neb played with him in the pool, and decided to try to see how B-Boy handled water on his face. He dipped him into the water so that his face got covered. B-Boy took it like a champ, and didn't even make a peep. I think part of this is due to the fact that when I give him a bath, I pour water over his head. It may sound mean, but I really want him to be used to water in his eyes. I don't do it with soap on him, that would be cruel, but there is nothing wrong with a little water... so I think that helped him today.

Neb also spun him around on his tummy, his arms out in front of him like a super hero, flying through the water looking for a damsel in distress. He giggled the whole time, although for some reason every photo shows him looking angry. I swear he wasn't! He squealed with delight the entire time, only getting upset when we started to leave, and made him take his top off to get dry.



The nap he took that afternoon was a VERY long one, and gave Neb a chance to head to the gym. We did a little shopping later this afternoon, and took B-Boy to one of Neb's favorite stores, Best Buy. 

All in all, it was a great day. We are all exhausted to prove it.

See the next posting for B-Boy's Father's Day costume picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment