Saturday, June 19, 2010

Three Baby Teeth

It's been coming for awhile now, but this morning I noticed that B-Boy's third tooth FINALLY cut through the gum.

He has had two bottom teeth since April, when I was in Seattle. They cut through while I was gone. For the last few weeks, we could see his top gum swell, and last week you could see a definite white color behind a thin layer of gum.

This morning after he finished his bottle, I sat him down on the floor of his room. We have a REALLY big stuffed puppy dog that B-Boy likes to lay over and grab its ears. It is white with long, fuzzy, brown ears, and B-Boy really enjoys playing with it. The puppy has to be at least three feet long, and part of the "play" is to roll over onto his back, smile at me and then try to shimmy backwards headfirst over the puppies back.

This morning he got pretty close to getting all the way over the puppy, and when he completed his "back bend", he opened his mouth to laugh.

And I saw it. The third tooth. It finally broke through and was sticking out quite a bit. It wasn't that way at noon yesterday, but other than that, I couldn't tell you when it happened.

So now baby boy officially has three teeth. Judging from the way he is tugging at his ear, the fourth one cannot be far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment