The teachers had built gingerbread houses for each child, and even smaller ones for siblings. They had asked each parent to send in one type of candy, and to bring icing to decorate with.
We started out by selecting the candy we wanted to use. Fortunately for us, B-Boy doesn't eat candy, so all of it made it on the house, which could not be said for most of the kids! We had a good time making them, and added it to the one we had at home.
Oh wait, I didn't tell you about that did I?
I found an adorable kit at Trader Joe's, that makes an A frame gingerbread house. The set came with PEOPLE, which was absolutely adorable. B-Boy decided one was Mommy, one was Daddy, and one was B-Boy! Of course, Mommy was the one with the cane, and he decided she needed to lie down. Hmmm....
We had fun decorating them, and I thought they turned out pretty darn good!
Do you like our growing village?




No comments:
Post a Comment