I hope this is just a phase... but B-Boy does not like dogs.
It started with B-Boy's first encounter with a dog, a neighbor's poodle... which I blogged about earlier. Yesterday, we took B-Boy for a walk. We were cruising nicely, and between the stoller motion and the comfort of the paci, B-Boy was in a nice trace.
Along the way, we met a man and his son walking thier yellow lab. We stopped to chat for a few moments. The yellow lab was quite large, and his head was as far off of the ground as B-Boy's. He sighed, as dogs do, and the noise broke B-Boy's trance.
B-Boy's eyes got quite big, and then he let out a long, high pitched cry. Needless to say, we quickly said our goodbyes and moved on. I ended up zig-zagging the stroller back and forth quickly to finally get him to stop.
Fast forward to today. This morning, he woke up at 5:30am really upset, and it took rocking and a bottle to get him back to sleep. (I sure do hope that he wasn't having nightmares about enormous dogs...)
When I dropped him off at daycare, it did not dawn on me to tell them. I went back to play with him during lunch. His teacher said to me "B-Boy does not like puppets."
What?
B-Boy loves puppets. My mom bought him the cutest board book called "In My Nest" with a bird finger puppet in it and he loves it. I said just as much.
She then told me that she started with the frog puppet and then a rabbit puppet. She said B-Boy was really into it. And then it hit me.
"Was the puppet that caused a meltdown a dog?", I asked.
"Yes, it was!", she said.
She then told me that he was fine until she pulled out the dog and made it bark.
Then the meltdown began, and he crawled to the other side of the room.
I am still not sure how best to handle this... I am hoping he will get better with them soon. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment