The daycare does a great job in phasing the kids in to the new room, taking them over for short periods during the day the week before the big first day. The visits go longer and longer, until they only arrive in the old room to be walked down to the new.
Neb and I are thrilled with his new teachers, and he seems to really respond to them. It did help that the little girl he had a crush on is in there, as well as my friend Cat's son Jambuca. B-Boy will miss Kid'N who moved into the room across the hall, but they will still see each other on the playground.
We noticed his language errupted the week he was spending time in the new room. He was using new words, speaking more often and really expressing himself and his preferences. For example, we were in my closet as I was getting ready for work. I asked "B-Boy, what shirt should I wear today?".
He cocked his head to one side, crossed his arms and then tapped his chin with his index finger. Then he said... "How about....." Now at this point I am giggling at the mannerism, and am flabbergasted that he know about "how about". Where did he get that?
So he says "How about..." and reaches to grab the sleeve of a shirt. He finishes with "Green one!" as he pulls on the green sleeve.
What? When did he get the concept that a shirt could be green??? I knew he knew what a shirt was, and what the color green is... but I did not know he knew those could be put together.
"NEB! GET IN HERE!!!", I said.
When Neb came in, I asked B-Boy what OTHER shirt I should wear.
Again, he crossed his arms and tapped his chin... "How about..."
To which Neb said "How does he know about how about????"
B-Boy reached for another shirt sleeve... "White one!"
We stood there shocked. Amazing, truely.
He really likes going to the new room now. As we drive to the daycare, when he sees the entrance to my work he will say Jambuca's name over and over as he bounces in his seat.
Before we moved out of the new room, we got to participate in an ice cream social. B-Boy doesn't like ice cream, so we brought him apple sauce.
All Done!
Yep, Baby boy. You are all done with the 1 year old room!



No comments:
Post a Comment