A great Jimmy Buffet lyric, and one that I thought about today, but not why you think.
Today, B-Boy laughed for the first time! He has been smiling for a while now, and that is becoming a more regular occurence... but he had not yet laughed, until today.
I was giving him a bath this morning. I could tell that he was getting ready for another fussy event, so I started singing "Rubber Ducky" to him. I can only imagine that I must have seemed like an idiot because he looked at me, smiled, and then made his laugh known. He did this three times...
The laugh was more of a "HUH HUH" but it was a laugh! It almost sounded like the laughs Neb gives me when I am not quite as funny as I think I am. But hey, beggers can't be choosers. I am sure it won't be the last time B-Boy thinks I am an idiot. :)
After the bath was over, I ran downstairs to call Neb at work to tell him about it. His response? "So you are telling me our son's laugh was like Beavis and Butthead?" Not quite, silly Neb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment