He's snuggled up by the tree...
Mmm... Cookies and Milk for Santa Baby!
Isn't he cute?
This morning we woke up to see what Santa left under the Ole Miss tree for B-Boy. This was a great tradition when I was a little girl, we had our own small tree in our room and Santa would leave us one present that we could open before waking the grown ups. This came after my sister and I woke up one Christmas and couldn't wait to open our presents. Hey, we were excited and unsupervised as all the adults were exhausted from wrapping all night. All the adults woke to us having already opened our gifts and playing away with them. Anyway, this "tradition" started after that fateful Christmas, and I adored it. So, a deal was made that Santa would continue the tradition for us for B-Boy... and he did not disappoint.
Santa left B-Boy another Seahorse Toy under the Ole Miss tree! B-Boy loves his original toy, and finds it so very comforting. It is a cute blue plush seahorse whose tummy lights up when you press it. It plays soothing classical music with bubble noises for about 5 minutes. Neb and I are constantly forgetting it either upstairs or downstairs, and so we decided to ask Santa to bring us a second one so that B-Boy gets it faster.
B-Boy is fascinated by the Christmas Tree. I don't know if it is the lights, or the shiney bulbs or the thought "hey, this is different!"... but he stares at it very wide-eyed! We snapped a few pictures of his wonder before we headed downstairs.
Once downstairs, we feasted on pancakes and waited for my mom to join us. After breakfast, we opened presents! B-Boy got some really cute stuff from Santa, including an Ole Miss baseball cap, some Ole Miss onesies (did you know Santa is an Ole Miss fan?), and a stuffed football with loops of ribbons on it to chew on.
Neb and I got B-Boy a toy for tummy time. As I mentioned before, he HATES tummy time, so we looked for something that might make it more fun for him. I found a spinning lady bug activitiy mat... which is basically a raised platform that he lays on his tummy in, and which is covered with a lady bug pattern. The platform sits on top of an activity mat with a mirror, rattles, etc. He can spin around and look at lots of different things, reach out to them and play. When he gets bored, he can spin to something else.
My mom got him lots of clothes, including an adorable orange vest, which will match Neb's vest he wears on their walks. She also found a yellow blanket that I had as a baby, which was really sweet.
Neb's mom sent some cute clothes too... nice and soft! She sent a dark navy blue sleep and play made out of velour... He will look so cute in that!
B-Boy spent a lot of the day in the swing, snuggled up with his new seahorse- watching basketball. He is definately Neb's son. He was so nice to let us eat our entire dinner uninterupted, which I greatly appreciated. He is in his crib now, and I think we all might follow suit! We are so tired!
I hope your Christmas was a good one, and that the new year brings you happiness. It is strange to think that this time last year, B-Boy did not exist and we had no idea he was to come. Life is so very different than this time last year... and I can't fathom a Christmas without him. Life is forever altered... and it is so good.









No comments:
Post a Comment