B-Boy seems to really like his classroom, teachers and fellow babies. He always looks so happy when I drop him off. I haven't yet made it on time in the morning to make the "line". The "line" is much like a conveyor belt for babies. We all drive up and get in line. The teachers look out for the cars and then come out to get the babies. Each teacher knows the cars for thier parents... I don't know how they keep up with it, but they do. Cars move up in line as babies are swept away inside... Anyway, I can drop him off in this manner from 8:30 to 9:15am. I can pick him up the same way from 4:30 to 5:15pm. The teachers bring the babies out to the car, thereby making the line go quickly. Any other time, you take your child inside yourself, or go inside to get your child. I have made the pickup on time, but have had trouble in the morning. Today it was a check engine light on the civic... which led to a catalytic converter replacement. Sigh. There's always tomorrow, right?
Where was I? Oh yes... B-Boy always looks so happy when I drop him off in the morning. He usually starts with a rowdy game of eating his hand. How much can he get in his mouth today? Hmm? See?
I win!
I go over to feed him once a day... both to help him transition, and for me too! I miss my B-Boy hugs... and this is the longest he has been without me at a time. I was worried he would miss me, I know how much I miss him! I want to take advantage of the support my company gives working moms while I can... it is not frowned upon for me to go up the hill to feed him if my schedule permits. Not many companies are that supportive! Plus, he's always happy to see me. I know in 12 years or so, that may not be the case... so I want to hold on to it while I can. And, just to prove his happiness, I snapped this photo of him with his teacher...
I am happy, I swear! I just love to stop smiling when mom has the camera out.
And B-Boy is eating really well. We were worried that the amount he ate at a time would decrease as he started a new routine. So, we started sending in a cooler full of 3 ounce bottles. B-Boy normally eats 6 ounces at a time. The reason we made them smaller? The state requires the teachers to pour out any milk he has started to drink an hour after he stops. So, if he has a 6 ounce bottle and only eats 2 ounces, if he doesn't drink the rest of the bottle within an hour, down the drain it goes. And believe me, if you had to pump that much, you would be concerned too!!! So, we decided to break it up just to be safe. (Now I know how my Dad felt when we left all the lights on in the house...)
I am happy to tell you that B-Boy has inherited Neb's appetite and love of food. He is drinking the entire 6 ounces at a go. Silly parents... we should have known better I guess! So now we are sending in the larger bottles, which makes life much easier.
More about daycare... Each night I get a cute note about B-Boy's activities for the day. It is fun to read and it helps me feel so much more connected to him. And I think Neb does too... he has read every single one. We now have conversations like "Ooooh.... did he do Fish TV today?" or "When does it say he last pooped? Whoo-hoo! We might get out of a poopy diaper!" Ah, the conversations of new parents.... aren't you jealous?
And an added benefit of daycare? I think B-Boy is watching other babies that are older than he is and is motivated to do what they do... he tolerates tummy time much better now and is lifting his head higher and longer! Whoo hoo! He must get Neb's competiitive nature, don't ya think? I can hear his brain now..."That 5 month boy has nothing on me... I'll show him..."
Heh heh. At least, that's what we tell each other until the next sheet comes home.


No comments:
Post a Comment