One of the many nice things about having Neb's Mom here last week is that on Sunday, Neb and I got to have a date day... kinda like date night, but with sunlight. We headed over to the Farmer's market restaurant in Raleigh for brunch... My mouth just waters thinking about it, the food is just that good! If you have never been, remind me the next time you visit and we'll be sure to take you. They serve good ol' southern cookin'- like Cracker Barrel only with local ingredients.
After we stuffed ourselves silly, we headed to see a movie. Ah, movies.... neither one of us had been to see a movie since well before B-Boy was born... as a matter of fact, the Star Trek movie was the last one we saw, if that tells you anything. So the movie was a real treat.
We had narrowed our choices down to two movies, Avitar and the Blind Side. Timing worked out such that the Blind Side was the choice, which we were both happy about because we have waited a long time to see that movie. As you know, Neb is about the biggest Ole Miss fan there is, and we had been to several Ole Miss games that Michael Oher played in. We were both excited to see the movie we had heard so much about.
Both of us were still stuffed from brunch- so popcorn was out, but that didn't keep us from enoying ourselves. I admit that it made me bawl, such a great movie! Afterward, we went home to relieve Grandma... so grateful for the moment to ourselves. Thanks Grandma!
In my last post, I mentioned that we went for some family photos. I thought I would share some of the good ones with you.
B-Boy and my Mom, aka Mema
I did mention Neb is a HUGE Ole Miss fan, right?
Help!!! My parents are math geeks!
They dressed me in a onesie with numbers on it!
Lastly, we have some new milestones to report. While Grandma was here, B-Boy pulled himself over on his side by gripping my hand! We were playing in his activity gym, and he had is hand around my index finger. Before I knew it, B-Boy pulled on my finger and he was on his side! Whoo-hoo! He did this a few times and then decided he had enough fun for the day. The good news was that both Grandma and Neb were there to see it.
B-Boy is also giggling more, it's not quite a full laugh, but we are getting closer. He giggled with Grandma while she was here, but when I went to pick him up on Wednesday, he pulled out the big guns. I was strapping him in to his carseat... (I am still getting used to this, so I am a bit slow at it.) I was trying to keep him entertained, and I must have done a good job because he started giggle-laughing at me with the biggest smile on his face. Part of me wanted to just stay there as long as I could to make it last, but I was unfortunately in the car loading/unloading lane, and needed to get out of the way for other parents. Darn my thinking of others... would have loved to have been selfish. Oh well, I hope he turns it on again for me soon.
On a side note, Neb has been playing with B-Boy quite a bit- I am not sure who has more fun. B-Boy loves hanging upside down (which is funny because he was dancing upside down on the second ultrasound we had when I was pregnant with him)... Neb loves holding him upside down. Enjoy it while you can Neb, that boy is growing FAST! Of course, this could explain why his is so long... ;)
And finally in closing, B-Boy just realized his Grandma has gone home...
What do you mean she left????
Come back soon Grandma, your B-Boy misses you.








No comments:
Post a Comment