Thursday, December 9, 2010

B-Boy goes home sick... for the first time

This week started with four kids in B-Boy's class going home with a bad cough and a fever. A fifth child had the cough without fever, and that child was B-Boy.

He has felt lousy. Coughing himself awake at night, bad sniffles, and general uncomfortableness has been the norm for him this week. Each day, we would check his temperature, which was normal. So, he would go to daycare where he can run around and play knowing he would be happier there than at home.

Today, he did not eat much for breakfast. (Not a good sign for a kid who eats so well.) When I dropped him off, I told his teacher to call me if he seemed miserable, and I would take him home. At 11am, I got the call. He was running a fever of 100.2 under his arm. At 100 degrees, kids have to go home.

And, since he has to be fever free for 24 hours, he will stay home tomorrow too. I was thinking about this yesterday, and realized he has NEVER been sent home for being sick. He has been sent to the doctor to be checked, but was always cleared to go back. This is a first. I just hope he feels better soon. Poor boy!

When we got home, B-Boy ate a decent lunch of comfort foods (yes, Teriyaki Tofu was on the menu!) and then I put him to sleep. He has been sleeping since one... I have baked chicken in the oven, and am going to go saute some eggplant for him after I post this. A boy should have his favorites when he doesn't feel well, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment