I am sorry to say that the return trip was a repeat of the trip down for the most part. Did he nap? Uh, yes, but initially only a half an hour. Neb and I decided to get as far as we could before stopping for the night, but our goal was to drive the whole trip and sleep in our own beds that night.
I sat in the back seat with B-Boy after the first hour or so, in the hopes of calming him down. I am sad to say it was not the most comfortable ride, as the car seat was in the middle of the back seat, which took up a lot of space. The front seat lays flat which makes a handy place to put things and to let me stretch my legs.
We stopped at the Georgia Welcome center just as the sun was going down. We let B-Boy run around for about a half an hour, and even climb on a missile they had displayed out front.
We then got back in the car and drove for a little longer before we stopped for gas and dinner. The choices were tough for what B-Boy would eat, but we ended up at McDonald's where we ordered Chicken Nuggets and cut apples for him. I mention this because we had a revelation at that moment. I was breaking the slices of apples up into pieces for B-Boy. While I was doing this, B-Boy reached over, grabbed a slice and started munching.
He only gets them in slices now. He likes them much better that way. Same thing with pears. I had no idea! Happy revelation!
My coworker Cat recommended that we take some DVDs to play for B-Boy to help pass the time. The Baby Einstein didn't really hold his interest. I had found a DVD called "Busytown Mysteries: The Biggest Mysteries Ever!" by Richard Scarry (I loved his books as a kid) before we left- he loved it. I put them on "PLAY ALL" and to be honest was really ready for them to end when we were done because each episode included the same song "Who-What-Why- How! Who-What-Where-When-Why-and-How!".
The DVD worked, and B-Boy slept for about two hours.
We decided to drive through the night, and made it home just after midnight. Ah, home sweet home!
B-Boy was so happy to be in his crib, he snuggled in and fell asleep. Neb and I unpacked what was necessary and went to sleep.
It was a good thing we didn't stop because around 2am, Neb got B-Boy's sickness. I took B-Boy to daycare on Monday and then went home to sterilize the house. It was futile because on Tuesday, I got sick. So much for my last two days off!
We are all fine now... happy to be home, sleeping in our own beds.




No comments:
Post a Comment