I know it is close to Christmas when I see a commercial for The Clapper on TV. You know the one I am talking about... The old couple is in bed and no one wants to get up to turn off the lights (probably to avoid breaking a hip)... and then the man claps with GUSTO and Poof! the lights turn off! According to the commercial, The Clapper will automatically turn your lights on or off with a clap of your hands.
And the tune, you can't forget it... sung to the tune of some military cadence, it sticks with you. I saw it the other day, so I know it is time for Christmas.
But that is not what this post is about.
The Clapper today is B-Boy. We were driving to pick up Neb after work when I looked in the rearview mirror and noticed that B-Boy was clapping his hands. I wasn't sure if it was random or not, so I waited until he finished and I gave him a few minutes to forget what he did. Then I asked him "B-Boy, can you clap?"
And then he did. Clap-Clap-Clap.
I was shocked. I cheered "YAY! Good Job B-Boy!" Then I asked him to do it again, which he did. Wow. I did not know that he knew that word. (He must have learned it at daycare, most probably with MusicLady.) When we got to Neb's work, Neb got in the car. Before he could start to tell me about his day, I said "Watch this!". Then we showed Neb his new trick.
Neb was just as excited as I was (That's SO COOL!), and got him to do it a few times on the way home. B-Boy smiled big, showing how proud he was of himself, and enjoying making us cheer. We all enjoyed our new toy.
Wave Bye-Bye B-Boy! YAY!
Clap B-Boy! YAY!
High Five! YAY!
We like this new toy. Hopefully you will get to play with him soon too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment