We had arrived in Tampa on Thursday evening, and on Friday we wanted to do something to get out of the house and stretch our legs. My sister has recently started her own company and works out of her home, so we wanted to be sure she would be able to work without being disturbed. I also wanted my Dad to get some time with us, and so we proposed going to the Zoo. B-Boy had never been to the zoo, and Tampa apparently has a really nice one.
The zoo in North Carolina is in a small town that is a bit difficult to get to. I have been there once in the entire 13 years I have lived here, with MacMommy, ChiggerButt and Dash. Neb has never been there. It is just not close to where we live, and I honestly forget that it is there!
So, off to the zoo we went- Neb, B-Boy, GatorGrandpa and me.
We started our journey by receiving a cute cardboard set of antlers complete with a red nose. I find it amusing that after an entire year of making B-Boy wear costumes, he is the only one of the four of us NOT wearing the antlers.
All my relatives are crazy!
When we first arrived, we were greeted by an Alpacka. B-Boy wasn't so sure about this large creature, but was in good spirits, for the most part.
We walked all over, and saw lots of animals. Or, as B-Boy puts it, lots of Kitty Cats. We saw two really big Manatees (Kitty Cat!), some camels (Kitty Cat!), and even got to feed a giraffe! The giraffe was almost successful in licking B-Boy with his big purple tongue. Neb moved him at the last moment to prevent said licking.
Um, what was that?
B-Boy and I rode on a Merry Go Round too! He did really well for the first half of the ride, but then got a bit fussy for the last part. He rode a Zebra that went up and down and I held him in place. We had fun, but I think he was happy to get off the thing. He then got to show GatorGrandpa how he can RUN AROUND!!!!
GatorGrandpa was great company, and B-Boy enjoyed getting to know him. We even stopped to take the cutest photo EVER.
Wow GatorGrandpa, you DO love the Florida Gators, don't you?
When we had enough of the zoo, we headed back to AuntSly's house for B-Boy to take a nap. He was exhausted and fell asleep pretty quickly. When he woke, he had a visitor! GatorGirl drove down from Gainesville to see us!
What? I get my Mommy, my two aunts AND GatorGrandpa?
Sweet!
It was really good to see her, and once B-Boy went to bed, we cracked open a couple bottles of wine and played a rousing game of UNO. GatorGrandpa's wife, GrandmaG joined us for the fun, and so the six of us played an amusing game. The wine made us silly, and the game took a new turn with every hand.
AuntSly and I played UNO with my Dad a lot when we were kids. It was a game that you could play without needing to read, once you knew the rules. We had a blast especially when it was two of us- the REVERSE card and SKIP cards meant that you just kept dropping your cards.
Neb had never played with us before, so that was an interesting experience for him! He had the unfortunate position of sitting between AuntSly and I, so he got dumped on quite a bit. Heh heh.
The end of the evening was great, as the three of us sisters got to spend some time together talking, just the three of us. It was a late night, but a great night!








No comments:
Post a Comment