Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bye-Bye Bath

B-Boy is practicing his sounds more and more.

On the way in to work yesterday, he started saying "Oh-Oh-Oh" quite a bit. We then practiced what cows say... "MOOOOooooo!" B-Boy liked saying that a lot!

He also mimics me with the answer to the question "B-Boy, what do ducks say?"  I pause and say "Quack-Quack-Quack". B-Boy then starts making the noise with me.

And speaking of noises, we have a book with ducks on the cover (which is what first caused me to make the noise when I read it to him). When B-Boy sees the book (no matter where it is), he makes the "Quack-Quack-Quack" noise. We also have a touch and feel board book about dogs... and one of the pages has a velvety nose. The line on the page reads "Curious puppies like to find new things!". When I read the page, I lean down to his neck and make sniffing noises. He immediately laughs, and now when he sees that book, he starts making sniffing noises. It makes me giggle every time!

But that's not what I really wanted to tell you. Tonight B-Boy said a two word phrase for the first time. (I don't count All Done because I think he thinks that is one word.) We gave B-Boy a bath and afterward, Neb emptied the tub while I dried him off. I said "Say Bye-Bye Bath! B-Boy, can you say Bye-Bye Bath?"

And then he.... waved. Which is what he normally does for bye-bye.

But tonight, he waved and said "Bye-bye Bath!"

Nicely done B-Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment