The high temperature today was supposed to be 75 degrees, and it did not disappoint.
Neb and I decided that we would pick B-Boy up early and head to the park down by our house, which we did. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and there were lots of parents there with their kids. So many, that Neb and I were surprised at all the activity.
We took B-Boy over to the slide, and he climbed up immediately. He then sat down, scooched himself forward on his bottom to the edge of the slide and then slid down to the bottom. He had so much fun that he ran back to steps immediately to do it again. This was repeated many, many times.
This is going to be SO fun!
He then noticed the big swirly slide that was attached to the slide he had been using. And, he wanted to go on it.
Neb tried to distract him with a game of tic-tac-toe... but he doesn't know that game yet. He persisted, and so, I lifted him up and took him down the big swirly slide.
And he loved every second of it.
So much so, that he got back up to go again. I lifted him up, put him down at the edge, and he slid down by himself, with some help from the side by Neb. The next time? He sat down on his own and scooched to the edge himself. And then down he went.
He did this many, many, many times... and had a lot of fun.
Weeeeeeeeeee!
We also pushed him in the swing, but he didn't find it quite as fun as the last time we were there.
Those kids are doing some cool stuff...
I wonder when I get to do that!
I was watching B-Boy and was also struck by how much B-Boy resembled GatorGirl at that moment. He got this intense look, and the way his jaw was set in concentration- it reminded me of her so much! I was able to snap a photo, I can't wait to hear what my Dad thinks about that.
We then went over to the other slide area, which had a tube kids can crawl through that ended at a bumpy slide that was actually two lanes, side by side. Two kids can go down at one time, one in each line. It was pretty nifty... and B-Boy had a blast crawling through the big yellow tube. There was another little boy there and they would go down the slide side by side together.
I am having SO much fun at the park!
You should go to a park near you... it's fun!
We were there for about an hour, and had a fantastic time. A great way to end the week, and I am so happy we were able to enjoy the beautiful day as a family.
Aside, I have to share this amusing moment at the park...
While B-Boy was going down the first slide over and over again, a Mom came over with a little boy and a baby on her hip. She started talking to us, and asked if we had ever taken swim lessons at our neighborhood pool. When I said we had, she said "I thought so, your baby is the baby that could swim!" Yep, that's him!











No comments:
Post a Comment