Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hugs for everyone!

B-Boy really enjoys giving hugs. Getting them? Not so much, but he really likes giving them!

His favorite hug to give is to run up to your legs, throw his arms open, wrap them around your legs, and then lean in to give you a quick hug.

He will even run over to you if you are at his eye level (either by sitting on the floor, or by squatting down to him). If your legs are separated, he will throw open his arms, lean into your neck and hug you. Granted, it does not last very long, but it is a hug.

And if you ask him for a hug? He knows what that means, and will run over and give you one. It's really sweet.

Today, I saw B-Boy give a different kind of hug for the first time. I picked up B-Boy from his classroom at daycare so that I could take him to the doctor (more on that later). One of his friends came over to say hello... you might remember him... his name is Kid'N and he was in B-Boy's first class. He is also in B-Boy's current class.

He grabbed my pants leg as B-Boy ran over. He grabbed Kid'N's arm, and I thought he was going to move it so that Kid'N was NOT TOUCHING HIS MOMMA.

Instead, B-Boy swung around, and then he hugged Kid'N. I was shocked, as I had not seen him hug another child before. He had recieved them, but I had not witnessed him giving one before. It was really cute... and Kid'N seemed to appreciate the affection. He is a sweet kid too... with two older sisters, so I am sure he is quite used to getting lots of hugs!

So cheers to B-Boy, he shares his love!

Here's to hoping you get to experience a B-Boy hug soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment