B-Boy has a new word, and he used it today.
"Duk!"
And no, it does not mean what you think. It is not referring to a Duck. Those are Quack-Quack-Quacks, also known as Kitty Cats.
So what is "Duk"? Good question. Let me explain it by telling you what he was doing when he used it.
This morning, I went in to see B-Boy. He was standing in his crib, and when I approached, he crouched down still holding on to the side. I peeked over the edge and he grinned up to me as he popped up to standing. He repeated this several times, and it occurred to me that it might be a good time to teach him a new word. When he crouched, I said "Down!". When he popped up, I said "Up!" After a few times, B-Boy started saying "Duk!" every time he popped UP.
So that's it, Duk means Up. He even showed Neb he got a new word. We'll see if it sticks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment