I was able to get him in to see his doctor right away (the best part of having both on-site daycare AND on-site healthcare!). She was concerned with his breathing, so she started him on breathing treatments. B-Boy did not like it at first, but eventually realized it helped him breathe better and calmed down. As a matter of fact, the next day, he actually fell asleep during his breathing treatment after lunch. It was pretty funny, but kinda sad because he was just that tired. Poor guy!
He was really upset that he wasn't going to daycare. I don't know how he knew he was supposed to go, but he did. We fed him like we normally do, but after he ate, instead of going to the garage to leave, we went to the living room to play.
B-Boy ran to the door of the garage and kept hitting it to emphasize we should leave. When that didn't work, he started waving. Hello parents... don't you see I want to go to daycare???? He has started waving as a way to tell us "Let's go!" or "Please leave, I want to be alone" and "I am tired of doing this, let's do something else!". For example, when I picked him up from daycare to go to the doctor, he was READY to leave... but I needed to talk to the teacher to find out some information to tell the doctor (how he ate, his temperature, his disposition, etc.) He stood at the door, and when I didn't open it right away, he started waving. The longer we stood there, the harder he waved. "Let's go. I am ready to do something else Mom."
And then there was last night, when I was putting him to bed. I think he was REALLY tired, and ready to go to sleep because after I changed him, he started waving at me. "Please leave Mom! I am ready to go to sleep!" It's kind of funny, in a I-am-trying-not-to-be-offended sort of way.
But I am getting sidetracked... B-Boy must have stood at the door to the garage for at least 20 minutes waving so we would leave. And when Neb left to go to work, B-Boy had a meltdown. He wanted to go too.
Fast forward to the late afternoon. B-Boy was just up from his nap, and found a lime green gift bag. B-Boy thought the handles were really cool to hold, and he started carrying it around. At first, it was in his hand, dragging along the floor. Then he moved it up his arm, carrying it like a purse.
He then walked over to the door and started waving. Yep, he wanted to go outside. I debated for a few minutes. On the one hand, it was a bit chilly and he IS sick... but on the other hand, the fresh air might do him some good. I finally decided that I would bundle him up in his favorite warm hoodie, and let him go out for just a few minutes.
I opened the garage door, and B-Boy walked to the car. I explained we weren't going anywhere, and then opened the big garage door. B-Boy took one step out (still clutching his green bag) and felt the cold air. At that point, he decided that the garage was a fun place to play, even if the door was open.
I snapped a few photos, but he changed how he was holding the bag.
Whew, I am tired. I gotta sit down!
Let's go SHOPPING!
He played for a few minutes with his shopping cart toy, and then wanted to come back inside.
Don't judge me people! The bag is a cool color!
The good news: B-Boy is starting to sound better. and I was able to snap a photo of him with his lime green "purse" today. Hee-hee.
Bye-Bye! Let's GO!





No comments:
Post a Comment